Day 1

Today is day 1 in my quest to lose weight and get healthier. I chose today because this past weekend I went back to my Alma mater and walked a total of 12 miles in two days. Those 12 miles were very difficult for me and my feet and back hurt and I was completely out of breath most of the time. I'm tired of always being out of breath and having parts of my body hurt because I am overweight. I'm not talking overweight like I need to lose these last 10 pounds to fit back into my high school jeans. I'm talking so overweight I need to lose 1/2 of myself in order to be close to what the weight chart says I should be for my height (notice I said close, that won't even get me all the way there). So today is day 1. Next year when I go back to my university I want to be able to walk 12 or 20 miles and not feel pain and not feel out of breath and disgusted with myself.

In order to make a change in my life and lose weight I am going to make small changes over the next 52 weeks. I've tried hundreds of diets in the past and for me I know a sure way to burn out in 3 days is to drastically change my food and exercise habits all at once. So I'm giving myself small goals each week that I think I can be successful at and build on over the course of this next year. Here are my goals for this week:

Drink 2 bottles of water a day (I currently drink none unless you count the swallow of water I use when I take my medicine each day)

Exercise for a total of 180 minutes (3 hours) over the next 7 days.

That's it! Two small goals. It's just after noon here and so far I have had 1 bottle of water and I went to the gym and did 25 minutes on the elliptical. I'll check in again tomorrow with an update.

Comments