Day 5

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I had a CRAZY day. I am mostly a stay at home mom but I also substitute teach at my kids elementary school. Yesterday I was supposed to fill in for the reading recovery teacher; it's a great gig because you work with 1-4 kids at a time for 30 minutes on reading and then send them back to class. So if you have a difficult kid you don't have to deal with them for long. Well yesterday while I was working with the second group the principal came and asked if I could move to one of the kindergarten rooms so that teacher could take her daughter to the doctor. I subbed in that kindergarten room once before and it did not go well. For some reason that group of kids goes wild when the teacher is not there (I think they are pretty wild for her too) and it seems to be mostly the male gender that is the problem. I said I would do it because otherwise the kids would be split up between 10 other classrooms and that ruins the day for the kids and makes life way harder for the other teachers. Let us just say the day did not go well. I had to send one kind to the principals office for throwing headphones at the other kids and I had to stop reading a story to the class 1/2 way through because they were too noisy. I survived but just barely. I was pooped but then my son had choir practice at church, and then my daughter had soccer practice and my husband was working late so my day didn't end until the kids went to bed around 8:30 PM.

Because I was subbing yesterday I didn't work out but my phone did say I walked over 10,000 steps so it wasn't a total loss. On Wed afternoon I did take a quick walk around the block and got 12 minutes of exercise in which wasn't much so today I hit the gym to swim. I got 63 minutes in the pool again but this time completed 34 laps. For the week so far I've exercised 163 minutes which only leaves 17 minutes left to complete on Saturday and Sunday. At the very least I can get that in with a walk around the neighborhood. My husband has to work all weekend so I won't have much time to myself but I may be able to bring the kids with me to the gym on Sunday and walk the track with them if the weather isn't good enough to be outside. I will get my last 17 minutes in!

So far I have managed to drink my two bottles of water a day but it hasn't been easy. Yesterday and Wed. I didn't finish my second bottle until after 9 PM which meant I had to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. My least favorite part of drinking water is the constant need to go to the bathroom. I mean I don't like the taste but I can deal with that easier than the constant trips to the bathroom. Today I'm almost done with the second bottle and it's only 5 PM so hopefully I can keep the midnight trip away tonight.


Comments