Day 2

I made it through day 1 yesterday and did pretty well. I did drink my two bottles of water and I got some exercise in towards my weekly goal of 180 minutes. Today I got the kids off to school and went to the YMCA to swim. I haven't really done any swimming since October so I was very happy to be able to swim for 63 minutes. I completed 32 laps (down and back) with a rotation of 2 laps with a kick board, 2 laps freestyle and 2 laps backstroke. I'm currently having my breakfast protein shake (chocolate almond milk, chocolate protein powder and peanut powder) and working on my first bottle of water for the day. I should say my water bottle is 750 ml so it's bigger than a normal water bottle so if you think 2 bottles of water isn't very much it's more than you think.

I weighed myself this morning to get a clear idea of my starting weight since I forgot to get on the scale yesterday morning. My current weight is 295.8 which was actually less than I was expecting. I've always hated stepping on the scale and tend to avoid it when at all possible. I'm a fan of ignorance is bliss. If I don't weigh myself I can convince myself the number is not as bad as it really is. In order to track my progress on this journey I am going to weigh myself once a week on Tuesday mornings. My Mom weighs herself every morning and if she has gained anything since the day before she modifies her diet that day. I think it would just depress me to weigh myself everyday. What if I had a really good day but when I got on the scale the next day the weight was up? That would demoralize me and that makes it easier for me to give up since what I'm doing isn't working anyway. So once a week will be all for me.

Since I will be tracking my weight I've decided to reward myself every time I lose 5% of my starting body weight. So every 15 pounds lost will earn a reward. In the past my rewards have been food based but that doesn't help me in the long run. This time I will make my rewards something that will help me continue my hopefully new good habits like new tennis shoes, a new workout outfit, or a session with a trainer. I can't afford to work out with a trainer all the time since we are a 1 income family but I think we could swing a few sessions a year.

Well it's time to hop in the shower and do some housework. Bye.


Comments